Judging by Booth feedback, DJ Khaled‘s last single couldn’t have been more aptly named; many were indeed Fed Up with the We the Best head honcho’s constant yelling and formulaic ensemble cuts. Unsurprisingly, on new street single Put Your Hands Up, Khaled hasn’t changed a thing – on the contrary, he’s called up three of the hoarsest, gruffest Southerners in the game to craft a track that will have fans’ trunks banging as critics’ throats tingle with sympathetic pain (cough drop, anyone?). Over Schife‘s bombastic synth-string boardwork, frequent Khaled collaborators
Jeezy, Plies and (the comparatively smooth) Rick Ross deliver hard-stunting, trash-talking verses sure to have street soldiers and “bad b*tches” alike pointing to the sky. Will Hands Up live up to Khaled’s expectations and become “the biggest street anthem in the hood?” It seems very probable, but I’ll let Booth readers speculate. Victory is set to drop March 3; in the meantime, fans can look forward to the release of the project’s next radio single, All We Do Is Win.
Written by richard on 01/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.