After the massive success of We Takin’ Over and the underground popularity of Brown Paper Bag, Florida’s premier DJ/hypeman, DJ Khaled, pulls out a third single from We The Best. I’m So Hood features T-Pain (yes, again) singing about his “hood status” (which some of us doubt he maintains) on the hook, followed by the “Big Three” of Slip-N-Slide Records (Trick Daddy, Rick Ross, and Plies) who give vivid details of their own ghetto lifestyles. Having recently shot a video for I’m So Hood, it is suspected Khaled is making a last-ditch attempt to garner sales for We the Best before the product gets too old.
Written by Burmy on 08/31/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.