Critics of Miami’s DJ Khaled typically all express similar gripes, chief among them his piling of at least three guest artists on each record, and his frequent ad-libs. Apparently taking note of these complaints, the Terror Squad DJ keeps his vocals to a minimum on the newest track to be featured on his third album, We Global, ceding the spotlight to perhaps his most lyrically-gifted client to date. That’s right, Queensbridge’s very own Nas is here to turn his swagger up and show the casual listener that I’m On. While his production partner Dre has more experience as a hookman, for the first time we hear Cool singing the later part of the chorus (the two still did the beat together). We Global, DJ Khaled’s final album in his Koch trilogy, will be available in stores and online retailers this coming Tuesday, September 16.
Written by Burmy on 09/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.