Critics of Miami’s DJ Khaled typically all express similar gripes, chief among them his piling of at least three guest artists on each record, and his frequent ad-libs. Apparently taking note of these complaints, the Terror Squad DJ keeps his vocals to a minimum on the newest track to be featured on his third album, We Global, ceding the spotlight to perhaps his most lyrically-gifted client to date. That’s right, Queensbridge’s very own Nas is here to turn his swagger up and show the casual listener that I’m On. While his production partner Dre has more experience as a hookman, for the first time we hear Cool singing the later part of the chorus (the two still did the beat together). We Global, DJ Khaled’s final album in his Koch trilogy, will be available in stores and online retailers this coming Tuesday, September 16.
Written by Burmy on 09/10/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem ft. Beanie Sigel & Jadakiss" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.