Critics of Miami’s DJ Khaled typically all express similar gripes, chief among them his piling of at least three guest artists on each record, and his frequent ad-libs. Apparently taking note of these complaints, the Terror Squad DJ keeps his vocals to a minimum on the newest track to be featured on his third album, We Global, ceding the spotlight to perhaps his most lyrically-gifted client to date. That’s right, Queensbridge’s very own Nas is here to turn his swagger up and show the casual listener that I’m On. While his production partner Dre has more experience as a hookman, for the first time we hear Cool singing the later part of the chorus (the two still did the beat together). We Global, DJ Khaled’s final album in his Koch trilogy, will be available in stores and online retailers this coming Tuesday, September 16.
Written by Burmy on 09/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.