Critics of Miami’s DJ Khaled typically all express similar gripes, chief among them his piling of at least three guest artists on each record, and his frequent ad-libs. Apparently taking note of these complaints, the Terror Squad DJ keeps his vocals to a minimum on the newest track to be featured on his third album, We Global, ceding the spotlight to perhaps his most lyrically-gifted client to date. That’s right, Queensbridge’s very own Nas is here to turn his swagger up and show the casual listener that I’m On. While his production partner Dre has more experience as a hookman, for the first time we hear Cool singing the later part of the chorus (the two still did the beat together). We Global, DJ Khaled’s final album in his Koch trilogy, will be available in stores and online retailers this coming Tuesday, September 16.
Written by Burmy on 09/10/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem ft. Beanie Sigel & Jadakiss" (2006)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)