Exasperation seems to be a popular mood in the Booth today; Dre-Ski‘s latest feature, It’s Getting Old, found the emcee venting his frustration with the endless grind, and now, on the lead single off DJ Khaled’s forthcoming LP, the We the Best head honcho has assembled a characteristically star-studded cast of collaborators to let listeners know just how Fed Up they are with… well, it’s not entirely clear. One thing’s for sure, though: Khaled, Jeezy, Rick Ross, and Drizzy aren’t about to let anyone or anything get in the way of their paper chase. Over The Runners’ epic, synth-drenched juggernaut of a beat, all three guest emcees turn in solid verses, and the recently-divorced Usher handles the hook, echoing civil rights activist Fannie Lou Haner’s famous quote (and her epitaph, according to Wikipedia), “I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired.” If Fed Up leaves you hungry for more, you can find plenty more larger-than-life beats and insane guest lineups on Victory, set for release in 2010 under Khaled’s new record deal with Def Jam South.
Written by richard on 10/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.