Exasperation seems to be a popular mood in the Booth today; Dre-Ski‘s latest feature, It’s Getting Old, found the emcee venting his frustration with the endless grind, and now, on the lead single off DJ Khaled’s forthcoming LP, the We the Best head honcho has assembled a characteristically star-studded cast of collaborators to let listeners know just how Fed Up they are with… well, it’s not entirely clear. One thing’s for sure, though: Khaled, Jeezy, Rick Ross, and Drizzy aren’t about to let anyone or anything get in the way of their paper chase. Over The Runners’ epic, synth-drenched juggernaut of a beat, all three guest emcees turn in solid verses, and the recently-divorced Usher handles the hook, echoing civil rights activist Fannie Lou Haner’s famous quote (and her epitaph, according to Wikipedia), “I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired.” If Fed Up leaves you hungry for more, you can find plenty more larger-than-life beats and insane guest lineups on Victory, set for release in 2010 under Khaled’s new record deal with Def Jam South.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem ft. Beanie Sigel & Jadakiss" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.