Exasperation seems to be a popular mood in the Booth today; Dre-Ski‘s latest feature, It’s Getting Old, found the emcee venting his frustration with the endless grind, and now, on the lead single off DJ Khaled’s forthcoming LP, the We the Best head honcho has assembled a characteristically star-studded cast of collaborators to let listeners know just how Fed Up they are with… well, it’s not entirely clear. One thing’s for sure, though: Khaled, Jeezy, Rick Ross, and Drizzy aren’t about to let anyone or anything get in the way of their paper chase. Over The Runners’ epic, synth-drenched juggernaut of a beat, all three guest emcees turn in solid verses, and the recently-divorced Usher handles the hook, echoing civil rights activist Fannie Lou Haner’s famous quote (and her epitaph, according to Wikipedia), “I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired.” If Fed Up leaves you hungry for more, you can find plenty more larger-than-life beats and insane guest lineups on Victory, set for release in 2010 under Khaled’s new record deal with Def Jam South.
Written by richard on 10/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.