Exasperation seems to be a popular mood in the Booth today; Dre-Ski‘s latest feature, It’s Getting Old, found the emcee venting his frustration with the endless grind, and now, on the lead single off DJ Khaled’s forthcoming LP, the We the Best head honcho has assembled a characteristically star-studded cast of collaborators to let listeners know just how Fed Up they are with… well, it’s not entirely clear. One thing’s for sure, though: Khaled, Jeezy, Rick Ross, and Drizzy aren’t about to let anyone or anything get in the way of their paper chase. Over The Runners’ epic, synth-drenched juggernaut of a beat, all three guest emcees turn in solid verses, and the recently-divorced Usher handles the hook, echoing civil rights activist Fannie Lou Haner’s famous quote (and her epitaph, according to Wikipedia), “I’m sick and tired of being sick and tired.” If Fed Up leaves you hungry for more, you can find plenty more larger-than-life beats and insane guest lineups on Victory, set for release in 2010 under Khaled’s new record deal with Def Jam South.
Written by richard on 10/28/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"It's A Problem" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.