In early June, DJBooth featured the original version of Don’t Take It There to mixed reviews. The DJ Kay Slay-orchestrated, Papoose and Junior Reid-featuring Clinton Sparks-produced track seemed to lack a certain “something” according to our members. Nearly three full months later, Kay Slay has scooped up Northeast favorites Tony Yayo, Uncle Murda, Sheek Louch, and Jim Jones for a special “Unity” remix. While it’s highly doubtful that all six artists recorded the new version together in a studio, props must be given to the Harlem-raised Drama King for collecting the individual talents, all of whom have had beef with one another. So, did the new additions give it that special “something?” Slay is set to release his new project, More Than Just a DJ!, later this fall.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Last Lyricists ft. Big Lou, Papoose & Busta Rhymes" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.