In early June, DJBooth featured the original version of Don’t Take It There to mixed reviews. The DJ Kay Slay-orchestrated, Papoose and Junior Reid-featuring Clinton Sparks-produced track seemed to lack a certain “something” according to our members. Nearly three full months later, Kay Slay has scooped up Northeast favorites Tony Yayo, Uncle Murda, Sheek Louch, and Jim Jones for a special “Unity” remix. While it’s highly doubtful that all six artists recorded the new version together in a studio, props must be given to the Harlem-raised Drama King for collecting the individual talents, all of whom have had beef with one another. So, did the new additions give it that special “something?” Slay is set to release his new project, More Than Just a DJ!, later this fall.
Written by DJ Z on 09/4/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Last Lyricists ft. Big Lou, Papoose & Busta Rhymes " (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.