In early June, DJBooth featured the original version of Don’t Take It There to mixed reviews. The DJ Kay Slay-orchestrated, Papoose and Junior Reid-featuring Clinton Sparks-produced track seemed to lack a certain “something” according to our members. Nearly three full months later, Kay Slay has scooped up Northeast favorites Tony Yayo, Uncle Murda, Sheek Louch, and Jim Jones for a special “Unity” remix. While it’s highly doubtful that all six artists recorded the new version together in a studio, props must be given to the Harlem-raised Drama King for collecting the individual talents, all of whom have had beef with one another. So, did the new additions give it that special “something?” Slay is set to release his new project, More Than Just a DJ!, later this fall.
Written by DJ Z on 09/4/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Last Lyricists ft. Big Lou, Papoose & Busta Rhymes " (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.