In early June, DJBooth featured the original version of Don’t Take It There to mixed reviews. The DJ Kay Slay-orchestrated, Papoose and Junior Reid-featuring Clinton Sparks-produced track seemed to lack a certain “something” according to our members. Nearly three full months later, Kay Slay has scooped up Northeast favorites Tony Yayo, Uncle Murda, Sheek Louch, and Jim Jones for a special “Unity” remix. While it’s highly doubtful that all six artists recorded the new version together in a studio, props must be given to the Harlem-raised Drama King for collecting the individual talents, all of whom have had beef with one another. So, did the new additions give it that special “something?” Slay is set to release his new project, More Than Just a DJ!, later this fall.
Written by DJ Z on 09/4/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Last Lyricists ft. Big Lou, Papoose & Busta Rhymes " (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.