When a well-known mixtape DJ compiles a full-length album, strong lyrical firepower tends to accompany it, and when that DJ is Kay Slay, you can expect nothing less than the best. On 6 Million Ways to Die, an inclusion on his forthcoming studio album, three highly energized emcees bring the heat over a sample from the Snoop Dogg classic, Serial Killa; Bun B emphasizes how he’s ready for anything, while Papoose reminds us of Sean Bell, the recent southern hurricanes, and the possibility of Barack Obama being assassinated. On the song’s final verse, however, Chamillionaire (maintaining his curse-free style) entertainingly makes it clear that he doesn’t like the police any more now than he did when he was Ridin’ Dirty. Though More Than Just a DJ currently has no set release date, underground mixtape buzz could give it a sturdy calendar spot.
Written by Burmy on 10/14/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Last Lyricists ft. Big Lou, Papoose & Busta Rhymes " (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.