Your favorite DJ has probably been smacked by Kay Slay over the course of his storied career. Though the Harlem-born and raised hip-hop giant has fallen from the mainstream radar over the past few years, he stays true to New York by bringing Uptown’s finest together for the appropriately-titled Up in Harlem. Juelz Santana and his fellow Dipset cohorts Hell Rell and JR Writer breathe fresh life into what is likely the first single off Kay Slay’s forthcoming More Than Just A DJ album. Smacking your favorite DJ with a Harlem World heatrock, Up In should keep the blocks on super-smash. The Drama King will keep the streets talking; will the DJBooth community be doing the same?
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Last Lyricists ft. Big Lou, Papoose & Busta Rhymes " (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.