Your favorite DJ has probably been smacked by Kay Slay over the course of his storied career. Though the Harlem-born and raised hip-hop giant has fallen from the mainstream radar over the past few years, he stays true to New York by bringing Uptown’s finest together for the appropriately-titled Up in Harlem. Juelz Santana and his fellow Dipset cohorts Hell Rell and JR Writer breathe fresh life into what is likely the first single off Kay Slay’s forthcoming More Than Just A DJ album. Smacking your favorite DJ with a Harlem World heatrock, Up In should keep the blocks on super-smash. The Drama King will keep the streets talking; will the DJBooth community be doing the same?
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/5/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Last Lyricists ft. Big Lou, Papoose & Busta Rhymes " (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)