Your favorite DJ has probably been smacked by Kay Slay over the course of his storied career. Though the Harlem-born and raised hip-hop giant has fallen from the mainstream radar over the past few years, he stays true to New York by bringing Uptown’s finest together for the appropriately-titled Up in Harlem. Juelz Santana and his fellow Dipset cohorts Hell Rell and JR Writer breathe fresh life into what is likely the first single off Kay Slay’s forthcoming More Than Just A DJ album. Smacking your favorite DJ with a Harlem World heatrock, Up In should keep the blocks on super-smash. The Drama King will keep the streets talking; will the DJBooth community be doing the same?
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Last Lyricists ft. Big Lou, Papoose & Busta Rhymes " (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.