Your favorite DJ has probably been smacked by Kay Slay over the course of his storied career. Though the Harlem-born and raised hip-hop giant has fallen from the mainstream radar over the past few years, he stays true to New York by bringing Uptown’s finest together for the appropriately-titled Up in Harlem. Juelz Santana and his fellow Dipset cohorts Hell Rell and JR Writer breathe fresh life into what is likely the first single off Kay Slay’s forthcoming More Than Just A DJ album. Smacking your favorite DJ with a Harlem World heatrock, Up In should keep the blocks on super-smash. The Drama King will keep the streets talking; will the DJBooth community be doing the same?
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/5/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Last Lyricists ft. Big Lou, Papoose & Busta Rhymes " (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.