Your favorite DJ has probably been smacked by Kay Slay over the course of his storied career. Though the Harlem-born and raised hip-hop giant has fallen from the mainstream radar over the past few years, he stays true to New York by bringing Uptown’s finest together for the appropriately-titled Up in Harlem. Juelz Santana and his fellow Dipset cohorts Hell Rell and JR Writer breathe fresh life into what is likely the first single off Kay Slay’s forthcoming More Than Just A DJ album. Smacking your favorite DJ with a Harlem World heatrock, Up In should keep the blocks on super-smash. The Drama King will keep the streets talking; will the DJBooth community be doing the same?
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/5/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Last Lyricists ft. Big Lou, Papoose & Busta Rhymes " (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.