Forgive me for stating the obvious, but each participant on DJ Kay Rich‘s latest effort, CA All Day, reps Cali… all day. In fact, I like to think of Fashawn, Problem, and C Plus as the new Beach Boys. Crazy, I know, but hear me out. They, like the surf rock group, have strong Cali roots, but their music transcends geographical restrictions and will have people from all regions vibing. Atop the boisterous production, three emcees from different lanes come together to create a cohesive Cali anthem. Fash (who has a tattoo of “CAL” on his hand) kicks off the tune with his cutting flow, followed by Problem and C-Plus’ similarly aggressive contributions, featuring copious references to all things Golden State—from weed, to women, to expensive whips. You can find CA All Day and many more West Coast bangers on Young California’s NCS Mixtape Vol. 2, out now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.