Fresh off linking up with Izza Kizza on early July’s reader-approved Let Me In, Frankfurt, Germany’s DJ Katch bounces back with another party-ready promo single—this one featuring the guest flows of a certified DJBooth fave. Up All Night borrows its title from recent Daft Punk/Pharrell smash Get Lucky, a chopped sample of which forms the backbone of Shuko, Freedo and Katch’s turnt-up instrumental. As for mic work, Los Angeles emcee/producer Shane Eli does the honors, delivering ig’nant, yet witty verses liberally seasoned with quotable bars. (Standout line: “She got molly all in the champagne ‘cause she did that sh*t on purpose.”) The perfect soundtrack to a liquor-soaked all-nighter, this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for further bangers from DJ Katch. Also, watch our pages for further details on Shane Eli’s Enough Love LP, scheduled to drop digitally this fall.
Written by richard on 08/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bounce Like My Levels" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.