Fresh off linking up with Izza Kizza on early July’s reader-approved Let Me In, Frankfurt, Germany’s DJ Katch bounces back with another party-ready promo single—this one featuring the guest flows of a certified DJBooth fave. Up All Night borrows its title from recent Daft Punk/Pharrell smash Get Lucky, a chopped sample of which forms the backbone of Shuko, Freedo and Katch’s turnt-up instrumental. As for mic work, Los Angeles emcee/producer Shane Eli does the honors, delivering ig’nant, yet witty verses liberally seasoned with quotable bars. (Standout line: “She got molly all in the champagne ‘cause she did that sh*t on purpose.”) The perfect soundtrack to a liquor-soaked all-nighter, this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it can keep their browsers locked for further bangers from DJ Katch. Also, watch our pages for further details on Shane Eli’s Enough Love LP, scheduled to drop digitally this fall.
Written by richard on 08/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bounce Like My Levels" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.