We already know that, with the help of a talented guest artist or two, DJ Katch can keep the party rocking from dusk till dawn. But can the Frankfurt-based club chief accomplish the same feat all by his lonesome? As evidenced by new single The Horns, the answer to that question is not “yes,” but “hell yes.” Centered, as its title indicates, around an addictive brass loop, this instrumental comes backed by a body-moving reggaeton rhythm section. Two-thirds through, after a tension-ratcheting build-up, a vocal sample from DJ Kool’s Let Me Clear My Throat (“Hit me with the horns!”) sets off a stomping 6/8 bridge. Like what you’re hearing? While this joint isn’t part of a larger project, we’ll keep you supplied with Katch’s latest dancefloor-scorching jams.
Written by richard on 08/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bounce Like My Levels" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.