We already know that, with the help of a talented guest artist or two, DJ Katch can keep the party rocking from dusk till dawn. But can the Frankfurt-based club chief accomplish the same feat all by his lonesome? As evidenced by new single The Horns, the answer to that question is not “yes,” but “hell yes.” Centered, as its title indicates, around an addictive brass loop, this instrumental comes backed by a body-moving reggaeton rhythm section. Two-thirds through, after a tension-ratcheting build-up, a vocal sample from DJ Kool’s Let Me Clear My Throat (“Hit me with the horns!”) sets off a stomping 6/8 bridge. Like what you’re hearing? While this joint isn’t part of a larger project, we’ll keep you supplied with Katch’s latest dancefloor-scorching jams.
Written by richard on 08/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bounce Like My Levels" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.