We already know that, with the help of a talented guest artist or two, DJ Katch can keep the party rocking from dusk till dawn. But can the Frankfurt-based club chief accomplish the same feat all by his lonesome? As evidenced by new single The Horns, the answer to that question is not “yes,” but “hell yes.” Centered, as its title indicates, around an addictive brass loop, this instrumental comes backed by a body-moving reggaeton rhythm section. Two-thirds through, after a tension-ratcheting build-up, a vocal sample from DJ Kool’s Let Me Clear My Throat (“Hit me with the horns!”) sets off a stomping 6/8 bridge. Like what you’re hearing? While this joint isn’t part of a larger project, we’ll keep you supplied with Katch’s latest dancefloor-scorching jams.
Written by richard on 08/15/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bounce Like My Levels" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.