We already know that, with the help of a talented guest artist or two, DJ Katch can keep the party rocking from dusk till dawn. But can the Frankfurt-based club chief accomplish the same feat all by his lonesome? As evidenced by new single The Horns, the answer to that question is not “yes,” but “hell yes.” Centered, as its title indicates, around an addictive brass loop, this instrumental comes backed by a body-moving reggaeton rhythm section. Two-thirds through, after a tension-ratcheting build-up, a vocal sample from DJ Kool’s Let Me Clear My Throat (“Hit me with the horns!”) sets off a stomping 6/8 bridge. Like what you’re hearing? While this joint isn’t part of a larger project, we’ll keep you supplied with Katch’s latest dancefloor-scorching jams.
Written by richard on 08/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bounce Like My Levels" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.