DJ Katch does this music sh*t. Unlike children’s sports leagues, though, hip-hop doesn’t give out medals for participation, so we must also ask, does he Do This well? After a listen to the DJ/producer’s latest promo single, I have a feeling most of our readers will be leaning toward the affirmative. On this club-ready selection, the headliner, Freedo and Shuko‘s kitchen-sink percussion and sporadic synth tones accompany guest rhymes by longtime DJBooth fave and Fool’s Gold signee Donnis. In bold and arrogant verses, the A-Town repper lords his freewheeling lifestyle over nine-to-fivers: “By the time you get off work we’ll prolly getting up / Sippin’ up, twistin’ up, some of that Cali sh*t…” This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it should stay tuned. We’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 03/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bounce Like My Levels" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.