DJ Katch does this music sh*t. Unlike children’s sports leagues, though, hip-hop doesn’t give out medals for participation, so we must also ask, does he Do This well? After a listen to the DJ/producer’s latest promo single, I have a feeling most of our readers will be leaning toward the affirmative. On this club-ready selection, the headliner, Freedo and Shuko‘s kitchen-sink percussion and sporadic synth tones accompany guest rhymes by longtime DJBooth fave and Fool’s Gold signee Donnis. In bold and arrogant verses, the A-Town repper lords his freewheeling lifestyle over nine-to-fivers: “By the time you get off work we’ll prolly getting up / Sippin’ up, twistin’ up, some of that Cali sh*t…” This joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but those feeling it should stay tuned. We’ll keep you posted on both collaborators’ plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 03/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bounce Like My Levels" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)