DJ K.O.‘s first feature, the Ina-A-Gadda-Da-Vida-sampling D A M A G E, wasn’t quite a knockout in the Booth; many readers found the track’s street-ready sound a little too raw for their taste. Unfazed, the Jersey native’s back on our frontpage for round two, this time with something a little bit smoother. New single Just So You Know is a ladies jam with old-school flair, backed by the soulful, spacey sampled boardwork of Appreciation producer Analogic. New Elementality signee MadKem mans the mic this time around, using weed, wine, bourbon and plenty of lusty come-ons to put a not-exactly-single shorty at ease: “If you’re tired of your old man, I can be your new one… bottles, got some, gonna make your ass c*me.” If you like your hip-hop steamy, laid-back and retro-informed, this just might be your jam. If not, you’re sure to find something else to your liking among the diverse styles and sounds K.O. will showcase on the December 15 release of Living Out a State of Mind (Vol.2), the second of 12 in his ongoing, monthly EP series.
Listen to More: DJ K.O.
Written by richard on 11/29/09
Shaman Work Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Someday ft. Talib Kweli, Torae, John Robinson & Tiffany P." (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.