Musically, DJ K.O. is in a category of his own, with just enough raw edge and diversity to remain on the mainstream radar while amassing a fairly solid underground following. However, K.O. is treading water - he’s not quite on dry land yet, but he’s definitely not drowning either. In other words, he still has a lot to prove, but comes another step closer to unqualified success on the remix to Get ‘Em. With Silent Knight, Skyzoo, and Booth favorite Emilio Rojas making guest appearances, the glossy, yet stripped-down feel that producer Neenah contributes should easily put this track in rotation. Everyone’s verses are worth a pause and rewind, but Emilio plays to win, as usual, dropping line after line that will hit the hearts and minds of hip-hop heads everywhere. In all, the remix is a cut above the original, and without a doubt deserves all of the attention it’ll get as both the B-Side to his new single Forca and on K.O.’s upcoming remix album Master Thieves 02: Picture These Remixes, due out on April 16.
Written by Matty K on 02/4/10
Submit your Rating
Shaman Work Recordings
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Someday ft. Talib Kweli, Torae, John Robinson & Tiffany P." (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.