This reminds me of when radio usde to be great and DJs broke records live on air. Remember? Probably not. This is that New York City sound. I use to stay up late during my teenage years trying to get Hot 97 way up in Connecticut on a Friday night and when the static broke, this is the way DJs cut records and emcees spit over dope beats. Reppin’ NY is the new single from DJ JS-1‘s upcoming No One Cares project, due out June 21 via Fat Beat Records. DJ JS-1 makes no secret that he thinks the current state of Hip-Hop in NYC is “corny”. So, with the assistance of Lil Fame of M.O.P., Joell Ortiz of Slaughterhouse and Freddie Foxxx (aka Bumpy Knuckles), Reppin’ NY kicks in the door waving the 4-4 with a track guaranteed to blow out speakers, and make it clear they are the realest out reppin’ New York. And with a trio like this rhyming, it’s hard to deny that they aren’t the realest out. “So while no New York DJs are even making albums, let alone New York hip-hop, we decided to let everyone know ‘we’re the realest right now reppin’ NY.’” The bar has been re-set and it’s high.
Written by ThroatChopU on 05/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.