This reminds me of when radio usde to be great and DJs broke records live on air. Remember? Probably not. This is that New York City sound. I use to stay up late during my teenage years trying to get Hot 97 way up in Connecticut on a Friday night and when the static broke, this is the way DJs cut records and emcees spit over dope beats. Reppin’ NY is the new single from DJ JS-1‘s upcoming No One Cares project, due out June 21 via Fat Beat Records. DJ JS-1 makes no secret that he thinks the current state of Hip-Hop in NYC is “corny”. So, with the assistance of Lil Fame of M.O.P., Joell Ortiz of Slaughterhouse and Freddie Foxxx (aka Bumpy Knuckles), Reppin’ NY kicks in the door waving the 4-4 with a track guaranteed to blow out speakers, and make it clear they are the realest out reppin’ New York. And with a trio like this rhyming, it’s hard to deny that they aren’t the realest out. “So while no New York DJs are even making albums, let alone New York hip-hop, we decided to let everyone know ‘we’re the realest right now reppin’ NY.’” The bar has been re-set and it’s high.
Written by ThroatChopU on 05/17/11
Ground Original/Fat Beats
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)