This reminds me of when radio usde to be great and DJs broke records live on air. Remember? Probably not. This is that New York City sound. I use to stay up late during my teenage years trying to get Hot 97 way up in Connecticut on a Friday night and when the static broke, this is the way DJs cut records and emcees spit over dope beats. Reppin’ NY is the new single from DJ JS-1‘s upcoming No One Cares project, due out June 21 via Fat Beat Records. DJ JS-1 makes no secret that he thinks the current state of Hip-Hop in NYC is “corny”. So, with the assistance of Lil Fame of M.O.P., Joell Ortiz of Slaughterhouse and Freddie Foxxx (aka Bumpy Knuckles), Reppin’ NY kicks in the door waving the 4-4 with a track guaranteed to blow out speakers, and make it clear they are the realest out reppin’ New York. And with a trio like this rhyming, it’s hard to deny that they aren’t the realest out. “So while no New York DJs are even making albums, let alone New York hip-hop, we decided to let everyone know ‘we’re the realest right now reppin’ NY.’” The bar has been re-set and it’s high.
Ground Original/Fat Beats
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.