This reminds me of when radio usde to be great and DJs broke records live on air. Remember? Probably not. This is that New York City sound. I use to stay up late during my teenage years trying to get Hot 97 way up in Connecticut on a Friday night and when the static broke, this is the way DJs cut records and emcees spit over dope beats. Reppin’ NY is the new single from DJ JS-1‘s upcoming No One Cares project, due out June 21 via Fat Beat Records. DJ JS-1 makes no secret that he thinks the current state of Hip-Hop in NYC is “corny”. So, with the assistance of Lil Fame of M.O.P., Joell Ortiz of Slaughterhouse and Freddie Foxxx (aka Bumpy Knuckles), Reppin’ NY kicks in the door waving the 4-4 with a track guaranteed to blow out speakers, and make it clear they are the realest out reppin’ New York. And with a trio like this rhyming, it’s hard to deny that they aren’t the realest out. “So while no New York DJs are even making albums, let alone New York hip-hop, we decided to let everyone know ‘we’re the realest right now reppin’ NY.’” The bar has been re-set and it’s high.
Written by ThroatChopU on 05/17/11
Submit your Rating
Ground Original/Fat Beats
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.