Though DJ JS-1‘s been in the game for years, there are still all too many people out there who would tell him how to run his career. On new single Last to Know, the NYC native recruits frequent collaborator Tonedeff to lace his lightly jazzy boardwork with rhymes satirizing these know-it-alls’ diverse and varied (but never particularly informed) opinions. If this tongue-in-cheek selection’s left you craving more, you’ll find what you seek on JS-1’s Nobody Cares LP, scheduled to drop June 21, via Fat Beats Records and the DJ’s own Ground Original.
Written by richard on 06/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like This" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.