On their first two albums, Watermelon, Chicken & Gritz and Wooden Leather, Nappy Roots recorded music as a major-label sextet. On the group’s forthcoming third studio album, The Humdinger, however, the Kentucky Boys will only be five-deep (R. Prophet left in ’07 to pursue a solo career), and gone are the label politics of their deal with Atlantic. Kicking off the project’s summer release is Good Day, a song that first appeared on last summer’s Interstate Music mixtape, and that will double as the first single off of DJ Greg Street’s new Interscope project, Street Certified. Over four years removed from the mainstream music scene, the Nappy Roots (and their fans) indeed look forward to a new good day—their release date.
Written by DJ Z on 05/8/08
In Greg Street We Trust/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dope Boys (Remix) ft. Lupe Fiasco, Wale & Kardinal Offishall" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.