On their first two albums, Watermelon, Chicken & Gritz and Wooden Leather, Nappy Roots recorded music as a major-label sextet. On the group’s forthcoming third studio album, The Humdinger, however, the Kentucky Boys will only be five-deep (R. Prophet left in ’07 to pursue a solo career), and gone are the label politics of their deal with Atlantic. Kicking off the project’s summer release is Good Day, a song that first appeared on last summer’s Interstate Music mixtape, and that will double as the first single off of DJ Greg Street’s new Interscope project, Street Certified. Over four years removed from the mainstream music scene, the Nappy Roots (and their fans) indeed look forward to a new good day—their release date.
Written by DJ Z on 05/8/08
Submit your Rating
In Greg Street We Trust/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dope Boys (Remix) ft. Lupe Fiasco, Wale & Kardinal Offishall" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.