On their first two albums, Watermelon, Chicken & Gritz and Wooden Leather, Nappy Roots recorded music as a major-label sextet. On the group’s forthcoming third studio album, The Humdinger, however, the Kentucky Boys will only be five-deep (R. Prophet left in ’07 to pursue a solo career), and gone are the label politics of their deal with Atlantic. Kicking off the project’s summer release is Good Day, a song that first appeared on last summer’s Interstate Music mixtape, and that will double as the first single off of DJ Greg Street’s new Interscope project, Street Certified. Over four years removed from the mainstream music scene, the Nappy Roots (and their fans) indeed look forward to a new good day—their release date.
In Greg Street We Trust/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Dope Boys (Remix) ft. Lupe Fiasco, Wale & Kardinal Offishall" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.