How do you make a record like Have Some Fun, the latest dancefloor-scorching single from DJ Felli Fel, even more fun? Simple: get club heavyweight Steve Aoki to give it the remix treatment. Pitbull and Juicy J‘s enthusiastic guest bars are retained from the original, along with Cee-Lo Green‘s falsetto hook and Felli Fel’s stuttering synth arrangement. Nonetheless, Aoki makes some subtle but decisive changes, smoothing out the rhythm section to make it uniformly uptempo and shuffling elements around for maximum impact. Does this edit outdo its prototype? Debate away—and, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes from all involved.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
Rock Hill Productions
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Get Buck In Here ft. Akon, Diddy, Ludacris & Lil Jon" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.