DJ Felli Fel, of Power 106 in L.A., decided that it was time a West Coast DJ jumped on the “massive collaboration track” train. Replicating what DJ Khaled has done well the past two years, Felli Fel grabbed up the best of the best (surprisingly none of which hail from the West) and infused his own beat making ability into the banger, Get Buck In Here. Although Akon‘s chorus (previously heard on material from female rapper Rasheeda,) isn’t his best work and Diddy (who has two verses) and Lil’ Jon aren’t exactly the best MC’s, Ludacris brings 16 bars of fire and an infectious club beat well makes up for the noted shortcomings.
Written by DJ Z on 07/3/07
Submit your Rating
Rock Hill Productions
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Finer Things ft. Kanye West, J.D., Fabolous & Ne-Yo" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.