I’ve been writing for The DJBooth for a hot minute now, but it still feels pretty damn strange to sit in front of my desk at 1:00 on a Tuesday afternoon, listening to adrenaline-pumping club bangers. My brain says “work,” but my body says “dance.” Perhaps I need to follow the advice Lorine Chia offers on the hook of DJ E-V‘s first Booth feature: “Don’t deny what you’re feelin’ inside. / Just relax have a Good Time.” (In any case, I’d better finish this blurb first.) Premiered last week via RollingStone.com, this dancefloor-scorching promo cut finds the headliner joining forces with two fellow members of the Cleveland music scene. Along with an anthemic chorus from the aforementioned, Cameroon-born pop songstress, the record boasts a guest 16 from Bad Boy/Interscope rhymesayer Machine Gun Kelly. How about it, readers: does Good Time live up to its title? If you think so, you can keep it locked for further fresh tunes from both E-V and his talented neighbors.
Written by richard on 01/21/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.