“You know, that word ‘love’ is a very serious thing… if you don’t watch out, love will get you.” Having covered the carnal side of the romantic equation on the ass-shaking Oh My (and its equally bootylicious remix), DJ Drama turns his attention to the emotional baggage that all-too-often disrupts the harmonious union of man and
woman. On Never See You Again, Dawty Music layers delicate keyboard notes over a classic break (from Bob James’ cover of Paul Simon’s Take Me to the Mardi Gras, if you were wondering) as Maybach Music heavyweight Wale steps into the shoes of an emotionally-detached player, rationalizinging that his skills in the sack make up for his bad intentions toward a certain female (”Shawty don’t like me, shawty don’t like d*ck”). Needless to say, the woman in question feels a little different; on her guest verse and chorus, singer Talia Coles fills the DMV repper in on just how hurt she is by his uncaring attitude. Has this pop-appealing selection left you craving more? Then mark your calendars for the October 11, release of DJ Drama’s junior set, Third Power.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Takin Pictures" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.