It has been said that, to qualify as a hip-hop great, you must master four types of music; while anyone can make hits for the club, the streets, and the females, few can complete the quadrifecta and also craft records that motivate their audience. Drawing on his immense list of industry connects, DJ Drama has assembled three of these movers and shakers for the second track off Gangsta Grillz: The Album (Vol. 2). V12 Tha Hitman‘s masterful synth-mandolin beat demands equally powerful rhymes; fortunately, “best when hyper” MCs Ludacris, Willie The Kid, and Busta Rhymes deliver on the instrumental’s promise in high-caliber verses. Sick of being shut out by the government and mainstream media, they demand that their people be given the respect they deserve, shouting, “We Must Be Heard!” Though not a single, this cut’s strong message, hard-hitting lyricism, and inspired production should make it a critical success in the Booth and beyond. For further details on Drama’s developing movement, check out his exclusive interview with our own DJ Z, set to hit our front page this Tuesday.
Written by Burmy on 05/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Takin Pictures" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.