For all the credit that the f-bomb gets for its versatility, “b*tch” isn’t close behind—not only can it be used to refer to female dogs, human women (disrespectfully), effeminate men (again, disrespectfully) and the act of complaining, but rappers have seized upon the word as an all-purpose stand-in for “place.” Go f*cking figure. On his latest star-studded promo single, DJ Drama and his coterie use the word in that last sense, announcing to the world that, “We in This B*tch.” Kane Beatz does his thing on the production tip, layering swirling synths and bells over a whip-ready rhythm as Southern rhymesayers T.I., Young Jeezy, Ludacris and A-Town buzzmaker Future talk themselves up and put the competition on blast. Who came with the best verse? I’ll leave that for y’all to decide (Though I have to give Luda points for basing a punchline around the most pointless hobby in existence: “Never see me planking, unless I’m on your girlfriend”). While this swag-heavy promo cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can - of course - keep their browsers locked for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 05/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Takin Pictures" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.