For all the credit that the f-bomb gets for its versatility, “b*tch” isn’t close behind—not only can it be used to refer to female dogs, human women (disrespectfully), effeminate men (again, disrespectfully) and the act of complaining, but rappers have seized upon the word as an all-purpose stand-in for “place.” Go f*cking figure. On his latest star-studded promo single, DJ Drama and his coterie use the word in that last sense, announcing to the world that, “We in This B*tch.” Kane Beatz does his thing on the production tip, layering swirling synths and bells over a whip-ready rhythm as Southern rhymesayers T.I., Young Jeezy, Ludacris and A-Town buzzmaker Future talk themselves up and put the competition on blast. Who came with the best verse? I’ll leave that for y’all to decide (Though I have to give Luda points for basing a punchline around the most pointless hobby in existence: “Never see me planking, unless I’m on your girlfriend”). While this swag-heavy promo cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can - of course - keep their browsers locked for the latest from all involved.
Written by richard on 05/8/12
Mixtape heavyweight and Aphilliates cofounder DJ Drama has delivered the masses some more Quality Street Music in the form of his fourth studio album. The follow-up to last October's The Third Power, the set packs all the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Takin Pictures" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.