For all the credit that the f-bomb gets for its versatility, “b*tch” isn’t close behind—not only can it be used to refer to female dogs, human women (disrespectfully), effeminate men (again, disrespectfully) and the act of complaining, but rappers have seized upon the word as an all-purpose stand-in for “place.” Go f*cking figure. On his latest star-studded promo single, DJ Drama and his coterie use the word in that last sense, announcing to the world that, “We in This B*tch.” Kane Beatz does his thing on the production tip, layering swirling synths and bells over a whip-ready rhythm as Southern rhymesayers T.I., Young Jeezy, Ludacris and A-Town buzzmaker Future talk themselves up and put the competition on blast. Who came with the best verse? I’ll leave that for y’all to decide (Though I have to give Luda points for basing a punchline around the most pointless hobby in existence: “Never see me planking, unless I’m on your girlfriend”). While this swag-heavy promo cut isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, fans can - of course - keep their browsers locked for the latest from all involved.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Takin Pictures" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.