Don’t be embarrassed if you have no idea how to pronounce DJ Dbekeft’s name, or really anything about him, that’s what we’re here for. First off, feel free to just call him DJ DB. Second, DB’s an avid turntablist, b-boy and producer whose often genre bending style has attracted some of the dopest emcees in the game. Need an example? How about Boston’s lyrical duo of Termanology and Reks going in over DB’s always quality production on the new, aptly named track Raised on Classics. Recorded while Term and Reks were on tour in the Czech Republic (check a map), Raised on Classics is everything you’d hope for from a trio of this caliber: production filled with scratches that could only come from a true DJ and verses that pay homage to some of hip-hop’s legends without missing a beat. If you were also raised on the classics be sure to check out DJ DB’s upcoming DJ Dbekeft Project, which currently has no release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/29/09
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.