Don’t be embarrassed if you have no idea how to pronounce DJ Dbekeft’s name, or really anything about him, that’s what we’re here for. First off, feel free to just call him DJ DB. Second, DB’s an avid turntablist, b-boy and producer whose often genre bending style has attracted some of the dopest emcees in the game. Need an example? How about Boston’s lyrical duo of Termanology and Reks going in over DB’s always quality production on the new, aptly named track Raised on Classics. Recorded while Term and Reks were on tour in the Czech Republic (check a map), Raised on Classics is everything you’d hope for from a trio of this caliber: production filled with scratches that could only come from a true DJ and verses that pay homage to some of hip-hop’s legends without missing a beat. If you were also raised on the classics be sure to check out DJ DB’s upcoming DJ Dbekeft Project, which currently has no release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/29/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.