Don’t be embarrassed if you have no idea how to pronounce DJ Dbekeft’s name, or really anything about him, that’s what we’re here for. First off, feel free to just call him DJ DB. Second, DB’s an avid turntablist, b-boy and producer whose often genre bending style has attracted some of the dopest emcees in the game. Need an example? How about Boston’s lyrical duo of Termanology and Reks going in over DB’s always quality production on the new, aptly named track Raised on Classics. Recorded while Term and Reks were on tour in the Czech Republic (check a map), Raised on Classics is everything you’d hope for from a trio of this caliber: production filled with scratches that could only come from a true DJ and verses that pay homage to some of hip-hop’s legends without missing a beat. If you were also raised on the classics be sure to check out DJ DB’s upcoming DJ Dbekeft Project, which currently has no release date.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.