Don’t be embarrassed if you have no idea how to pronounce DJ Dbekeft’s name, or really anything about him, that’s what we’re here for. First off, feel free to just call him DJ DB. Second, DB’s an avid turntablist, b-boy and producer whose often genre bending style has attracted some of the dopest emcees in the game. Need an example? How about Boston’s lyrical duo of Termanology and Reks going in over DB’s always quality production on the new, aptly named track Raised on Classics. Recorded while Term and Reks were on tour in the Czech Republic (check a map), Raised on Classics is everything you’d hope for from a trio of this caliber: production filled with scratches that could only come from a true DJ and verses that pay homage to some of hip-hop’s legends without missing a beat. If you were also raised on the classics be sure to check out DJ DB’s upcoming DJ Dbekeft Project, which currently has no release date.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/29/09
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.