Although DJ $crilla released his debut album, Me, Myself, And I, on August 27, 2008, it wasn’t until more than four months later that the Booth first got a taste of his work. While the Underground Chart-topping So Digital was clearly aimed at the radio, its follow-up couldn’t be more different. Asking listeners to just Listen 2 The Flow, the Cleveland native steps up his lyrical game, dropping a few Biggie references on the first verse (starting with an homage to the first verse of Dead Wrong), and proceeding to serve up some sharp wordplay. Produced by Kingsmen Productions, Listen 2 The Flow will impress a completely different audience than So Digital, but that’s just a testament to $crilla’s versatility as an emcee.
Listen to More: DJ Scrilla
Written by Burmy on 01/29/09
New Heights Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Digital" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.