I hardly need to tell you this record’s an exclusive world premiere; DJ $crilla makes that crystal clear by personally shouting-out DJBooth.net not once but twice in its 3:41 running time. What I will say is that this record’s original as all get-out, and catchy to boot. Judging by the title, you’d expect I’m Hollywood to center around the subjects of cash and flash, which it does, but don’t get it confused—DeMarvelous Carter‘s playfully off-kilter boardwork and memorable chopped-and-screwed/chipmunk hook sets the tone for a unconventional celebration of the fast life, and $crilla and fellow Cleveland native Money Merchandise more than match the instrumental’s exuberance in their energetic verses. As if that’s not enough to ensure I’m Hollywood stays in your head for the next few days, the twosome even team up for a little line-trading midway through (which, if you tuned in for yesterday’s features, was also my favorite thing about U-N-I‘s Reach for the Sky). This cut can be found on $crilla’s yet-untitled sophomore album when it hits stores and online retailers sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 04/23/09
Submit your Rating
New Heights Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"So Digital" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.