Baltimore club music, as much a part of the city’s culture as the Ravens and the Orioles, has recently been growing in popularity outside of Maryland, partially thanks to the connections made by the late DJ K-Swift. Now, fellow club chief DJ Class is getting ready to further the national movement; the recent Universal Republic signee’s debut single, I’m The Ish, has been given the remix treatment with the help of two of the label’s newest signees. Though Pitbull sounds right at home on the cut, contributing a minimal yet hyped-up verse, Lil’ Jon makes the biggest impression with his trademark club shout-outs. I’m The Ish is the perfect thing to get bodies out onto the dancefloor, and Class’ debut album, Alameda & Coldspring, will bring listeners plenty more club-ready jams when it drops this summer.
Written by Burmy on 02/12/09
Submit your Rating
Universal Republic/ UnRuly Productions
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm the Ish (Remix) ft. Kanye West" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)