Baltimore club music, as much a part of the city’s culture as the Ravens and the Orioles, has recently been growing in popularity outside of Maryland, partially thanks to the connections made by the late DJ K-Swift. Now, fellow club chief DJ Class is getting ready to further the national movement; the recent Universal Republic signee’s debut single, I’m The Ish, has been given the remix treatment with the help of two of the label’s newest signees. Though Pitbull sounds right at home on the cut, contributing a minimal yet hyped-up verse, Lil’ Jon makes the biggest impression with his trademark club shout-outs. I’m The Ish is the perfect thing to get bodies out onto the dancefloor, and Class’ debut album, Alameda & Coldspring, will bring listeners plenty more club-ready jams when it drops this summer.
Written by Burmy on 02/12/09
Submit your Rating
Universal Republic/ UnRuly Productions
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm the Ish (Remix) ft. Kanye West" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.