Baltimore club music, as much a part of the city’s culture as the Ravens and the Orioles, has recently been growing in popularity outside of Maryland, partially thanks to the connections made by the late DJ K-Swift. Now, fellow club chief DJ Class is getting ready to further the national movement; the recent Universal Republic signee’s debut single, I’m The Ish, has been given the remix treatment with the help of two of the label’s newest signees. Though Pitbull sounds right at home on the cut, contributing a minimal yet hyped-up verse, Lil’ Jon makes the biggest impression with his trademark club shout-outs. I’m The Ish is the perfect thing to get bodies out onto the dancefloor, and Class’ debut album, Alameda & Coldspring, will bring listeners plenty more club-ready jams when it drops this summer.
Written by Burmy on 02/12/09
Universal Republic/ UnRuly Productions
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm the Ish (Remix) ft. Kanye West" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.