Last month, we introduced readers to Baltimore club chief DJ Class with a remix of his debut single, I’m the Ish. Featuring verses by Lil’ Jon and Pitbull, the cut got the cold shoulder from many of our regulars (though several praised its dancefloor-packing power). For those who weren’t convinced the first time around, this latest remix just might do the trick. Sacrificing a dash of the previously-featured version’s clattering energy for a slightly spacier, synthier feel, Class enlists the help of one of the most potent guest features possible—that’s right, Mr. West is in the spot. Of course, this isn’t the straight-up emcee Kanye, but rather the club-ready, Autotuned Kanye who’s over his ‘08 Heartbreak and ready to borrow your girlfriend (just for the night, of course). Is the Louis Vuitton Don’s addition enough to convince the naysayers that this record truly is the ish? As usual, I’ll leave it for you to decide. Class’s debut album, Alameda & Coldspring, is scheduled to drop sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 03/29/09
Submit your Rating
Universal Republic/ UnRuly Productions
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Ish (Remix) ft. Lil' Jon & Pitbull" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.