Last month, we introduced readers to Baltimore club chief DJ Class with a remix of his debut single, I’m the Ish. Featuring verses by Lil’ Jon and Pitbull, the cut got the cold shoulder from many of our regulars (though several praised its dancefloor-packing power). For those who weren’t convinced the first time around, this latest remix just might do the trick. Sacrificing a dash of the previously-featured version’s clattering energy for a slightly spacier, synthier feel, Class enlists the help of one of the most potent guest features possible—that’s right, Mr. West is in the spot. Of course, this isn’t the straight-up emcee Kanye, but rather the club-ready, Autotuned Kanye who’s over his ‘08 Heartbreak and ready to borrow your girlfriend (just for the night, of course). Is the Louis Vuitton Don’s addition enough to convince the naysayers that this record truly is the ish? As usual, I’ll leave it for you to decide. Class’s debut album, Alameda & Coldspring, is scheduled to drop sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 03/29/09
Submit your Rating
Universal Republic/ UnRuly Productions
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Ish (Remix) ft. Lil' Jon & Pitbull" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)