Last month, we introduced readers to Baltimore club chief DJ Class with a remix of his debut single, I’m the Ish. Featuring verses by Lil’ Jon and Pitbull, the cut got the cold shoulder from many of our regulars (though several praised its dancefloor-packing power). For those who weren’t convinced the first time around, this latest remix just might do the trick. Sacrificing a dash of the previously-featured version’s clattering energy for a slightly spacier, synthier feel, Class enlists the help of one of the most potent guest features possible—that’s right, Mr. West is in the spot. Of course, this isn’t the straight-up emcee Kanye, but rather the club-ready, Autotuned Kanye who’s over his ‘08 Heartbreak and ready to borrow your girlfriend (just for the night, of course). Is the Louis Vuitton Don’s addition enough to convince the naysayers that this record truly is the ish? As usual, I’ll leave it for you to decide. Class’s debut album, Alameda & Coldspring, is scheduled to drop sometime this summer.
Written by richard on 03/29/09
Submit your Rating
Universal Republic/ UnRuly Productions
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm The Ish (Remix) ft. Lil' Jon & Pitbull" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.