Fresh off impressing readers with the awkwardly titled, but undeniably dope Dolphin Pu$$y, DJ Burn One returns to bring us the exclusive world premiere of another fresh single off his next instrumental project. On Moccasin, the Atlanta repper showcases his uncanny knack for creating cinematic atmosphere. The cut begins with a spare, plodding percussion rhythm and some subtly ominous guitar work. As it progresses, its sound expands with the addition of synths, ethereal backing vocals, handclaps and reversed strings. The Highlands is scheduled to hit online retailers on Tuesday, August 12, but Booth readers will get a sneak peek the preceding Monday, when it hits our front page for full, free streaming.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"D.A.R.E " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.