Fresh off impressing readers with the awkwardly titled, but undeniably dope Dolphin Pu$$y, DJ Burn One returns to bring us the exclusive world premiere of another fresh single off his next instrumental project. On Moccasin, the Atlanta repper showcases his uncanny knack for creating cinematic atmosphere. The cut begins with a spare, plodding percussion rhythm and some subtly ominous guitar work. As it progresses, its sound expands with the addition of synths, ethereal backing vocals, handclaps and reversed strings. The Highlands is scheduled to hit online retailers on Tuesday, August 12, but Booth readers will get a sneak peek the preceding Monday, when it hits our front page for full, free streaming.
Written by richard on 07/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"D.A.R.E " (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.