Neither Las Vegas buzzmaker Dizzy Wright nor Fugees alum Wyclef Jean had a picture-perfect childhood—far from it—but those early years of struggle and heartache helped instill the drive and tenacity that would enable them to carve out their respective niches in the music game. On the Funk Volume signee’s latest mixtape single, We Turned Out Alright, he and his veteran homie reflect with satisfaction on their triumphs over adversity, while remembering those they’ve lost along the way. In addition to delivering a bittersweet sung hook, ‘clef produces the cut’s atmospheric instrumental backdrop. John Colombo directs the gritty visual accompaniment. Fans can find Alright and many more quality cuts on Dizzy’s The Golden Age mixtape, available in the Booth for streaming, free download and digital purchase. If you haven’t already, be sure sure to check out the emcee’s guest contribution to Snow Tha Product‘s recent feature, Hopeless.
Written by richard on 10/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.