Now that smartphones have fully integrated social media into our everyday lives, many people find it tough to go 10 minutes without checking for likes (both Facebook and Instagram) and retweets. On new single The Perspective, Funk Volume recording artist Dizzy Wright reflects on the way in which online culture feeds into his generation’s insecurities, cultivating an constant need for validation from digital peers. AKT Aktion provides an understated keyboard-loop backdrop for the Las Vegas native’s narrative bars, which follow an Internet-addicted female and one of her male admirers. Singer Chel’le reverses the genders in the second chorus, referencing dudes with a penchant for shirtless selfies. Director Matt Alonzo‘s official visuals round out the package. Fans can find this thoughtful jam and much more on Dizzy’s The Golden Age mixtape, released last year for both purchase and free download.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.