Now that smartphones have fully integrated social media into our everyday lives, many people find it tough to go 10 minutes without checking for likes (both Facebook and Instagram) and retweets. On new single The Perspective, Funk Volume recording artist Dizzy Wright reflects on the way in which online culture feeds into his generation’s insecurities, cultivating an constant need for validation from digital peers. AKT Aktion provides an understated keyboard-loop backdrop for the Las Vegas native’s narrative bars, which follow an Internet-addicted female and one of her male admirers. Singer Chel’le reverses the genders in the second chorus, referencing dudes with a penchant for shirtless selfies. Director Matt Alonzo‘s official visuals round out the package. Fans can find this thoughtful jam and much more on Dizzy’s The Golden Age mixtape, released last year for both purchase and free download.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.