Now that smartphones have fully integrated social media into our everyday lives, many people find it tough to go 10 minutes without checking for likes (both Facebook and Instagram) and retweets. On new single The Perspective, Funk Volume recording artist Dizzy Wright reflects on the way in which online culture feeds into his generation’s insecurities, cultivating an constant need for validation from digital peers. AKT Aktion provides an understated keyboard-loop backdrop for the Las Vegas native’s narrative bars, which follow an Internet-addicted female and one of her male admirers. Singer Chel’le reverses the genders in the second chorus, referencing dudes with a penchant for shirtless selfies. Director Matt Alonzo‘s official visuals round out the package. Fans can find this thoughtful jam and much more on Dizzy’s The Golden Age mixtape, released last year for both purchase and free download.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.