Now that smartphones have fully integrated social media into our everyday lives, many people find it tough to go 10 minutes without checking for likes (both Facebook and Instagram) and retweets. On new single The Perspective, Funk Volume recording artist Dizzy Wright reflects on the way in which online culture feeds into his generation’s insecurities, cultivating an constant need for validation from digital peers. AKT Aktion provides an understated keyboard-loop backdrop for the Las Vegas native’s narrative bars, which follow an Internet-addicted female and one of her male admirers. Singer Chel’le reverses the genders in the second chorus, referencing dudes with a penchant for shirtless selfies. Director Matt Alonzo‘s official visuals round out the package. Fans can find this thoughtful jam and much more on Dizzy’s The Golden Age mixtape, released last year for both purchase and free download.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!