Pop quiz: who’s kicking that brand new Flava in Ya Ear? If you answered “Craig Mack,” congratulations, you are a true hip-hop scholar—but you’re incorrect. The Flavor that you’ll be enjoying today comes courtesy of Funk Volume signee Dizzy Wright, who takes inspiration from the ‘94 classic on the latest single off his forthcoming mixtape. 6ix‘s head-noddable percussion and plucked-string loops back the emcee at he lays into his competition, channeling a bit of Mack’s offbeat flow along the way. Labelmate SwizZz turns up the intensity in a brash, confrontational closing 16 (Standout line: “I ain’t tryin’ to make friends with all these rap n**gas / I’d rather get teabagged on top of cat litter!”) and Armen Soudjian directs the accompanying visuals. For Flavor and many more fresh cuts, check out Dizzy’s The Golden Age street album when it drops digitally next Monday, August 19.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.