Pop quiz: who’s kicking that brand new Flava in Ya Ear? If you answered “Craig Mack,” congratulations, you are a true hip-hop scholar—but you’re incorrect. The Flavor that you’ll be enjoying today comes courtesy of Funk Volume signee Dizzy Wright, who takes inspiration from the ‘94 classic on the latest single off his forthcoming mixtape. 6ix‘s head-noddable percussion and plucked-string loops back the emcee at he lays into his competition, channeling a bit of Mack’s offbeat flow along the way. Labelmate SwizZz turns up the intensity in a brash, confrontational closing 16 (Standout line: “I ain’t tryin’ to make friends with all these rap n**gas / I’d rather get teabagged on top of cat litter!”) and Armen Soudjian directs the accompanying visuals. For Flavor and many more fresh cuts, check out Dizzy’s The Golden Age street album when it drops digitally next Monday, August 19.
Written by richard on 08/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)