Pop quiz: who’s kicking that brand new Flava in Ya Ear? If you answered “Craig Mack,” congratulations, you are a true hip-hop scholar—but you’re incorrect. The Flavor that you’ll be enjoying today comes courtesy of Funk Volume signee Dizzy Wright, who takes inspiration from the ‘94 classic on the latest single off his forthcoming mixtape. 6ix‘s head-noddable percussion and plucked-string loops back the emcee at he lays into his competition, channeling a bit of Mack’s offbeat flow along the way. Labelmate SwizZz turns up the intensity in a brash, confrontational closing 16 (Standout line: “I ain’t tryin’ to make friends with all these rap n**gas / I’d rather get teabagged on top of cat litter!”) and Armen Soudjian directs the accompanying visuals. For Flavor and many more fresh cuts, check out Dizzy’s The Golden Age street album when it drops digitally next Monday, August 19.
Written by richard on 08/12/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.