Contrary to what some might tell you, words are no less powerful than sticks and stones. When used right, they can move mountains. Knowing this, Funk Volume signee Dizzy Wright doesn’t take his oratorical abilities lightly. On newly-released EP single and title track The First Agreement, the Vegas emcee emphasizes the importance of communication, drawing upon principles from Don Michael Ruiz’ 1997 self-help bestseller, The Four Agreements. 3rdEye provides a mellow guitar/keyboard backdrop for the artist’s bars, and George Orozco directs the joint’s accompanying visuals. SpeakHer songstress Nikkiya and motivational speaker Manny Scott assist on the guest tip. For this cut and many more quality jams, check out Wright’s First Agreement EP, available now for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 04/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.