Contrary to what some might tell you, words are no less powerful than sticks and stones. When used right, they can move mountains. Knowing this, Funk Volume signee Dizzy Wright doesn’t take his oratorical abilities lightly. On newly-released EP single and title track The First Agreement, the Vegas emcee emphasizes the importance of communication, drawing upon principles from Don Michael Ruiz’ 1997 self-help bestseller, The Four Agreements. 3rdEye provides a mellow guitar/keyboard backdrop for the artist’s bars, and George Orozco directs the joint’s accompanying visuals. SpeakHer songstress Nikkiya and motivational speaker Manny Scott assist on the guest tip. For this cut and many more quality jams, check out Wright’s First Agreement EP, available now for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 04/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.