Contrary to what some might tell you, words are no less powerful than sticks and stones. When used right, they can move mountains. Knowing this, Funk Volume signee Dizzy Wright doesn’t take his oratorical abilities lightly. On newly-released EP single and title track The First Agreement, the Vegas emcee emphasizes the importance of communication, drawing upon principles from Don Michael Ruiz’ 1997 self-help bestseller, The Four Agreements. 3rdEye provides a mellow guitar/keyboard backdrop for the artist’s bars, and George Orozco directs the joint’s accompanying visuals. SpeakHer songstress Nikkiya and motivational speaker Manny Scott assist on the guest tip. For this cut and many more quality jams, check out Wright’s First Agreement EP, available now for streaming and purchase in The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 04/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.