Dizzy Wright has traveled quite far since he signed to Funk Volume in 2011. Impressively, the Vegas product’s first release, SmokeOut Conversations, and follow-up, The First Agreement EP, landed spots on both the iTunes and Billboard Charts. Now, shortly after being voted XXL’s 2013 People’s Champ, Wright is set to join the Kottonmouth Kings and Snow Tha Product on tour starting in April. After all that, you might think he would slow down just a bit and yet, Dizzy is Still Moving. The emcee’s last effort features his blunted yet slightly edgy style, which has made him a rising up-and-comer. Atop the shrouded beat from Reezy and Let Em Burn, pierced by a screeching vocal sample, Dizzy kicks off his Still Moving campaign, spitting about how far he as come and, despite his recent success, how determined he is to keep his foot on the accelerator. Still Moving has not be linked to a forthcoming release, but keep it locked to The DJBooth for all the latest.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/1/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)