Many of us still remember the anti-nuclear protest song 99 Red Balloons by German band Nena. Today, Dizzy Wright pens a new record that attaches another significant meaning to Red Balloons, unfortunately due to recent events. After three-year-old Ryan Saldana was killed by a truck in California, #RedBalloonsForRyan started to trend like mad on social media. But Dizzy also reminds us of the ongoing search for almost 300 schoolgirls who were kidnapped in Nigeria almost a month ago, which started the #BringBackOurGirls movement. So, with his own three-year-old daughter in arm, Dizzy does his best to comfort Jacqui and Dan Saldana as well as the hundreds of family members of those Nigerian girls. With a simple piano beat from DJ Hoppa, the Funk Volume emcee sings, raps, and does everything he can to express that he understands their grief and encourages everyone else to cherish everyday with those whom you love. We all pray that no artist will have to record a song like this again. Dizzy Wright’s last release, the State of Mind EP, can be streamed in-full here at The DJBooth.
Written by Bryan H on 05/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.