Many of us still remember the anti-nuclear protest song 99 Red Balloons by German band Nena. Today, Dizzy Wright pens a new record that attaches another significant meaning to Red Balloons, unfortunately due to recent events. After three-year-old Ryan Saldana was killed by a truck in California, #RedBalloonsForRyan started to trend like mad on social media. But Dizzy also reminds us of the ongoing search for almost 300 schoolgirls who were kidnapped in Nigeria almost a month ago, which started the #BringBackOurGirls movement. So, with his own three-year-old daughter in arm, Dizzy does his best to comfort Jacqui and Dan Saldana as well as the hundreds of family members of those Nigerian girls. With a simple piano beat from DJ Hoppa, the Funk Volume emcee sings, raps, and does everything he can to express that he understands their grief and encourages everyone else to cherish everyday with those whom you love. We all pray that no artist will have to record a song like this again. Dizzy Wright’s last release, the State of Mind EP, can be streamed in-full here at The DJBooth.
Written by Bryan H on 05/9/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)