If your job involves putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard), you’ll inevitably have those days when the words just aren’t coming. Unless you’re Dizzy Wright, apparently. On new single No Writers Block, I Like to Rap (released over the weekend to commemorate his 300,000th Facebook “Like”), the emcee reveals that both his passion for his craft and his wellspring of inspiration are absolutely bottomless. Sure enough, the thoughtful bars the Funk Volume signee delivers here give the impression that he could go on for hours, if not days. As he reflects on his past, brushes off the haters and contemplates his daughter’s future, VMG‘s 6ix serves up an upbeat, yet understated boom-bap instrumental. This joint is just a loosie, but fans who haven’t already copped it can hear more on Dizzy’s The Golden Age LP, available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.