If your job involves putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard), you’ll inevitably have those days when the words just aren’t coming. Unless you’re Dizzy Wright, apparently. On new single No Writers Block, I Like to Rap (released over the weekend to commemorate his 300,000th Facebook “Like”), the emcee reveals that both his passion for his craft and his wellspring of inspiration are absolutely bottomless. Sure enough, the thoughtful bars the Funk Volume signee delivers here give the impression that he could go on for hours, if not days. As he reflects on his past, brushes off the haters and contemplates his daughter’s future, VMG‘s 6ix serves up an upbeat, yet understated boom-bap instrumental. This joint is just a loosie, but fans who haven’t already copped it can hear more on Dizzy’s The Golden Age LP, available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.