If your job involves putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard), you’ll inevitably have those days when the words just aren’t coming. Unless you’re Dizzy Wright, apparently. On new single No Writers Block, I Like to Rap (released over the weekend to commemorate his 300,000th Facebook “Like”), the emcee reveals that both his passion for his craft and his wellspring of inspiration are absolutely bottomless. Sure enough, the thoughtful bars the Funk Volume signee delivers here give the impression that he could go on for hours, if not days. As he reflects on his past, brushes off the haters and contemplates his daughter’s future, VMG‘s 6ix serves up an upbeat, yet understated boom-bap instrumental. This joint is just a loosie, but fans who haven’t already copped it can hear more on Dizzy’s The Golden Age LP, available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)