If your job involves putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard), you’ll inevitably have those days when the words just aren’t coming. Unless you’re Dizzy Wright, apparently. On new single No Writers Block, I Like to Rap (released over the weekend to commemorate his 300,000th Facebook “Like”), the emcee reveals that both his passion for his craft and his wellspring of inspiration are absolutely bottomless. Sure enough, the thoughtful bars the Funk Volume signee delivers here give the impression that he could go on for hours, if not days. As he reflects on his past, brushes off the haters and contemplates his daughter’s future, VMG‘s 6ix serves up an upbeat, yet understated boom-bap instrumental. This joint is just a loosie, but fans who haven’t already copped it can hear more on Dizzy’s The Golden Age LP, available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)