If your job involves putting pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard), you’ll inevitably have those days when the words just aren’t coming. Unless you’re Dizzy Wright, apparently. On new single No Writers Block, I Like to Rap (released over the weekend to commemorate his 300,000th Facebook “Like”), the emcee reveals that both his passion for his craft and his wellspring of inspiration are absolutely bottomless. Sure enough, the thoughtful bars the Funk Volume signee delivers here give the impression that he could go on for hours, if not days. As he reflects on his past, brushes off the haters and contemplates his daughter’s future, VMG‘s 6ix serves up an upbeat, yet understated boom-bap instrumental. This joint is just a loosie, but fans who haven’t already copped it can hear more on Dizzy’s The Golden Age LP, available for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 12/9/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.