Two young rhymesayers with a cerebral rhyme style and a fondness for the herb, Las Vegas representative Dizzy Wright and B.K. buzzmaker Joey BadA$$ collide on the latest single off the former’s next street album. Fueled by DJ Hoppa dreamy soul samples, Maintain finds the collaborators twisting up some dro as they share their reflections on the struggle. Wright takes the lead, offering a thoughtful take on the contemporary state of black America, and the Pro.Era standard-bearer follows him up with a more free-form lyrical depiction of life in his urban environs. The mixtape to which this joint is attached still lacks both a title and a solid drop date, but don’t worry; we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.