Two young rhymesayers with a cerebral rhyme style and a fondness for the herb, Las Vegas representative Dizzy Wright and B.K. buzzmaker Joey BadA$$ collide on the latest single off the former’s next street album. Fueled by DJ Hoppa dreamy soul samples, Maintain finds the collaborators twisting up some dro as they share their reflections on the struggle. Wright takes the lead, offering a thoughtful take on the contemporary state of black America, and the Pro.Era standard-bearer follows him up with a more free-form lyrical depiction of life in his urban environs. The mixtape to which this joint is attached still lacks both a title and a solid drop date, but don’t worry; we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.