Two young rhymesayers with a cerebral rhyme style and a fondness for the herb, Las Vegas representative Dizzy Wright and B.K. buzzmaker Joey BadA$$ collide on the latest single off the former’s next street album. Fueled by DJ Hoppa dreamy soul samples, Maintain finds the collaborators twisting up some dro as they share their reflections on the struggle. Wright takes the lead, offering a thoughtful take on the contemporary state of black America, and the Pro.Era standard-bearer follows him up with a more free-form lyrical depiction of life in his urban environs. The mixtape to which this joint is attached still lacks both a title and a solid drop date, but don’t worry; we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.