Dizzy Wright may run Sin City, but that doesn’t mean the Funk Volume signee’s skills go unrecognized when he’s not at home. In fact, he takes his hometown’s energy with him no matter how far he travels. As he puts it on the lead single and opening track off his next EP, “Everywhere I Go turn into Vegas.” As befitting an album intro, this joint is the kind of ish that grabs your ear from bar one and doesn’t let go till it’s over. The artist’s verses find him stressing his love of rapping and his sky-high level of motivation—as if that wasn’t obvious from his intricate, tightly wound lyrics and rapid-fire flows. Beatsmith JReezy backs Dizzy’s bars with grainy synth-bass, street-ready percussion and ominous brass accents. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; while State of Mind has yet to receive a drop date, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Update: We have added the Jakob Owens-directed visuals for Dizzy Wright’s Everywhere I Go single.
Written by richard on 04/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.