Dizzy Wright may run Sin City, but that doesn’t mean the Funk Volume signee’s skills go unrecognized when he’s not at home. In fact, he takes his hometown’s energy with him no matter how far he travels. As he puts it on the lead single and opening track off his next EP, “Everywhere I Go turn into Vegas.” As befitting an album intro, this joint is the kind of ish that grabs your ear from bar one and doesn’t let go till it’s over. The artist’s verses find him stressing his love of rapping and his sky-high level of motivation—as if that wasn’t obvious from his intricate, tightly wound lyrics and rapid-fire flows. Beatsmith JReezy backs Dizzy’s bars with grainy synth-bass, street-ready percussion and ominous brass accents. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; while State of Mind has yet to receive a drop date, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Update: We have added the Jakob Owens-directed visuals for Dizzy Wright’s Everywhere I Go single.
Written by richard on 04/22/14
The nephew of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony's Layzie Bone, Dizzy Wright has been rapping since the tender age of eight. Fast-forward to 2014, and the Sin City representative is one of the most talked-about young artists in the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)