Dizzy Wright may run Sin City, but that doesn’t mean the Funk Volume signee’s skills go unrecognized when he’s not at home. In fact, he takes his hometown’s energy with him no matter how far he travels. As he puts it on the lead single and opening track off his next EP, “Everywhere I Go turn into Vegas.” As befitting an album intro, this joint is the kind of ish that grabs your ear from bar one and doesn’t let go till it’s over. The artist’s verses find him stressing his love of rapping and his sky-high level of motivation—as if that wasn’t obvious from his intricate, tightly wound lyrics and rapid-fire flows. Beatsmith JReezy backs Dizzy’s bars with grainy synth-bass, street-ready percussion and ominous brass accents. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; while State of Mind has yet to receive a drop date, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual release.
Update: We have added the Jakob Owens-directed visuals for Dizzy Wright’s Everywhere I Go single.
Written by richard on 04/22/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fly High" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.