There are plenty of ways for first-time featurees to make a big impression on the Booth—come flanked by established favorites, pay tribute to the hip-hop legends, address a hot-button issue in the music game or society at large…—but, at the end of the day, it always boils down to one question: have you got the skills? Diz Gibran thinks—nay, knows—he does, and he’s more than ready to Show & Prove it to our discerning readers. Over Moonshine‘s Afrobeat-flavored brass accompaniment, the Los Angeles rhymesayer comes with out-of-this-world confidence, firing on all cylinders as he touts his mic-rocking and ladykilling prowess. With all the old school-informed braggadocio retro-minded heads could ask for and a banging beat to match, this track will doubtless mark the beginning of a long and acclaimed career in the Booth. The B-Sides has yet to receive a solid release date, but those who like what they’re hearing can expect plenty more lyrical fire on Gibran’s Booth-exclusive freestyle, set to hit our frontpage sometime this fall.
Listen to More: Diz Gibran
Written by richard on 08/27/09
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.