There are plenty of ways for first-time featurees to make a big impression on the Booth—come flanked by established favorites, pay tribute to the hip-hop legends, address a hot-button issue in the music game or society at large…—but, at the end of the day, it always boils down to one question: have you got the skills? Diz Gibran thinks—nay, knows—he does, and he’s more than ready to Show & Prove it to our discerning readers. Over Moonshine‘s Afrobeat-flavored brass accompaniment, the Los Angeles rhymesayer comes with out-of-this-world confidence, firing on all cylinders as he touts his mic-rocking and ladykilling prowess. With all the old school-informed braggadocio retro-minded heads could ask for and a banging beat to match, this track will doubtless mark the beginning of a long and acclaimed career in the Booth. The B-Sides has yet to receive a solid release date, but those who like what they’re hearing can expect plenty more lyrical fire on Gibran’s Booth-exclusive freestyle, set to hit our frontpage sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 08/27/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.