There are plenty of ways for first-time featurees to make a big impression on the Booth—come flanked by established favorites, pay tribute to the hip-hop legends, address a hot-button issue in the music game or society at large…—but, at the end of the day, it always boils down to one question: have you got the skills? Diz Gibran thinks—nay, knows—he does, and he’s more than ready to Show & Prove it to our discerning readers. Over Moonshine‘s Afrobeat-flavored brass accompaniment, the Los Angeles rhymesayer comes with out-of-this-world confidence, firing on all cylinders as he touts his mic-rocking and ladykilling prowess. With all the old school-informed braggadocio retro-minded heads could ask for and a banging beat to match, this track will doubtless mark the beginning of a long and acclaimed career in the Booth. The B-Sides has yet to receive a solid release date, but those who like what they’re hearing can expect plenty more lyrical fire on Gibran’s Booth-exclusive freestyle, set to hit our frontpage sometime this fall.
Written by richard on 08/27/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Every Girl Drake’s Ever Mentioned in a Song Ever
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.