Diwon, the producer and DJ behind Kyle Rapps’ Tyrone Gosling FreEP, is preparing to strike out on the solo tip with the release of independent studio album New Game. Try Stopping, the lead single off the set, offers a tantalizing glimpse of the fresh, eclectic beats and dope guest bars in store. Described by Diwon as “a Roc-A-Fella joint on acid,” this cut rides a dissonant, staccato synth rhythm that unfolds into a futuristic-lounge chorus and a chaotic, eight-bit bridge. Rhyming over this outré instrumental are a fittingly diverse trio of emcees: Mikhael‘s aggressive flows, Open Mike Eagle‘s suave delivery and Nissim‘s double-time rhymes add up to a potent cocktail of underground lyricism. Diwon’s latest full-length is set to hit record stores and online retailers August 6, via Bancs. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.