Diwon, the producer and DJ behind Kyle Rapps’ Tyrone Gosling FreEP, is preparing to strike out on the solo tip with the release of independent studio album New Game. Try Stopping, the lead single off the set, offers a tantalizing glimpse of the fresh, eclectic beats and dope guest bars in store. Described by Diwon as “a Roc-A-Fella joint on acid,” this cut rides a dissonant, staccato synth rhythm that unfolds into a futuristic-lounge chorus and a chaotic, eight-bit bridge. Rhyming over this outré instrumental are a fittingly diverse trio of emcees: Mikhael‘s aggressive flows, Open Mike Eagle‘s suave delivery and Nissim‘s double-time rhymes add up to a potent cocktail of underground lyricism. Diwon’s latest full-length is set to hit record stores and online retailers August 6, via Bancs. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.