Diwon, the producer and DJ behind Kyle Rapps’ Tyrone Gosling FreEP, is preparing to strike out on the solo tip with the release of independent studio album New Game. Try Stopping, the lead single off the set, offers a tantalizing glimpse of the fresh, eclectic beats and dope guest bars in store. Described by Diwon as “a Roc-A-Fella joint on acid,” this cut rides a dissonant, staccato synth rhythm that unfolds into a futuristic-lounge chorus and a chaotic, eight-bit bridge. Rhyming over this outré instrumental are a fittingly diverse trio of emcees: Mikhael‘s aggressive flows, Open Mike Eagle‘s suave delivery and Nissim‘s double-time rhymes add up to a potent cocktail of underground lyricism. Diwon’s latest full-length is set to hit record stores and online retailers August 6, via Bancs. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.