Diwon, the producer and DJ behind Kyle Rapps’ Tyrone Gosling FreEP, is preparing to strike out on the solo tip with the release of independent studio album New Game. Try Stopping, the lead single off the set, offers a tantalizing glimpse of the fresh, eclectic beats and dope guest bars in store. Described by Diwon as “a Roc-A-Fella joint on acid,” this cut rides a dissonant, staccato synth rhythm that unfolds into a futuristic-lounge chorus and a chaotic, eight-bit bridge. Rhyming over this outré instrumental are a fittingly diverse trio of emcees: Mikhael‘s aggressive flows, Open Mike Eagle‘s suave delivery and Nissim‘s double-time rhymes add up to a potent cocktail of underground lyricism. Diwon’s latest full-length is set to hit record stores and online retailers August 6, via Bancs. In the meantime, of course, you can keep your browsers locked for the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 04/30/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.