Fresh off the release of his independent studio debut, Brooklyn rapper/producer Diwon steps into the Booth with the project’s latest single, Games That We Play. While arcade cabinets figure prominently in Matthew Stubstad‘s official video, the record’s less concerned with digital entertainment than the mind games that plague modern romance. Over his own boardwork, an upbeat blend of ringing keys and syncopated percussion, Diwon and his guests, Jesse Scott and Barney Bones, compare notes on past relationships that went south. Scott, who was previously featured on our pages with Hey You, also contributes a sung hook. Has this catchy selection piqued your interest? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop Diwon’s freshman set, New Games, via iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.