Fresh off the release of his independent studio debut, Brooklyn rapper/producer Diwon steps into the Booth with the project’s latest single, Games That We Play. While arcade cabinets figure prominently in Matthew Stubstad‘s official video, the record’s less concerned with digital entertainment than the mind games that plague modern romance. Over his own boardwork, an upbeat blend of ringing keys and syncopated percussion, Diwon and his guests, Jesse Scott and Barney Bones, compare notes on past relationships that went south. Scott, who was previously featured on our pages with Hey You, also contributes a sung hook. Has this catchy selection piqued your interest? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop Diwon’s freshman set, New Games, via iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.