Fresh off the release of his independent studio debut, Brooklyn rapper/producer Diwon steps into the Booth with the project’s latest single, Games That We Play. While arcade cabinets figure prominently in Matthew Stubstad‘s official video, the record’s less concerned with digital entertainment than the mind games that plague modern romance. Over his own boardwork, an upbeat blend of ringing keys and syncopated percussion, Diwon and his guests, Jesse Scott and Barney Bones, compare notes on past relationships that went south. Scott, who was previously featured on our pages with Hey You, also contributes a sung hook. Has this catchy selection piqued your interest? Then what are you waiting for—click here to cop Diwon’s freshman set, New Games, via iTunes.
Written by richard on 08/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.