For all his success, Sean Combs can create some bad music. Today we have a potential new single from Diddy (technically Dirty Money), Coming Home, featuring Skylar Grey and I have to be honest; in the words of Nicki Minaj, this track looks like no, but had the potential to look like yes. Jay-Z wrote and co-produced for the record while Alex Da Kid came through on the production - even though it sounds like Maino‘s All the Above mixed with a future T.I.-please-forgive-me song - and Skylar’s vocals are also decent as she provides an airy serenade for the hook. Unfortunately, Diddy’s rapping just feels lifeless and flat. Even though the leaked J. Cole version was only a reference track, it’s better because there’s a truly dope rapper on it. Plus, I’m just wondering how this could be a real Dirty Money song, as Kalenna and Dawn are seemingly nowhere to be found. The group’s proposed date for their long-delayed album Last Train to Paris is set, again, for December 14. If I’m way off on this one please tell me Booth members, but after Coming Home, I wouldn’t be upset if the train stalled in Lyons, France.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 11/1/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Comes Down" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.