For all his success, Sean Combs can create some bad music. Today we have a potential new single from Diddy (technically Dirty Money), Coming Home, featuring Skylar Grey and I have to be honest; in the words of Nicki Minaj, this track looks like no, but had the potential to look like yes. Jay-Z wrote and co-produced for the record while Alex Da Kid came through on the production - even though it sounds like Maino‘s All the Above mixed with a future T.I.-please-forgive-me song - and Skylar’s vocals are also decent as she provides an airy serenade for the hook. Unfortunately, Diddy’s rapping just feels lifeless and flat. Even though the leaked J. Cole version was only a reference track, it’s better because there’s a truly dope rapper on it. Plus, I’m just wondering how this could be a real Dirty Money song, as Kalenna and Dawn are seemingly nowhere to be found. The group’s proposed date for their long-delayed album Last Train to Paris is set, again, for December 14. If I’m way off on this one please tell me Booth members, but after Coming Home, I wouldn’t be upset if the train stalled in Lyons, France.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 11/1/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Comes Down" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.